Communicating with BO...

Started by JeanDorais, 11/07/2003 05:08PM
Posted 11/07/2003 05:08PM Opening Post
I feel I started a firestorm with my " Hmmmmm 1026's vaporware" thread... Such wasn't my intention.

Of course I've not been waiting for 8 months for a scope ( I placed my order in October). Whe I've called or e-mailed BO Tammy or Bill have always taken a few minutes to talk to me and tell me what is going on with the 1026's. I agree that Bill and company should update their website with current information...problem being that they are so swamped trying to resolve issues, talk to us on the phone etc..., that they don't have time to update the site.

Perhaps One of us could offer to update the site for them, and make more people happy ( remember you can't please everyone). Just a thought.

Jean D.
Posted 11/07/2003 06:49PM #1
I can't make the offer to update Bill's website, but FWIW here is an exchange of e-meil between Burgess Optical and me. Burgess Optical gave permission to me to reprint their responses (cf. last note).

The first one was in response to my inquiry about the status of the 102F6's. It is dated November 7 (today).

Mark,

Thank you for your email. The 127s are shipping now and the delay on the 102F6 is the glass. We are waiting for the new glass and hope it will be in within the next week or two.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Michelle

Burgess Optical
7756 Oak Ridge HWY
Knoxville, TN 37931

865-769-8777
865-539-0345 (fax)

Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 10am-6pm Eastern

End of the first e-mail. Here is my response:

Thanks for the info, Michelle.

Your estimate confirms a note I saw earlier this morning on the Burgess Refractor Forum in which the author stated that Bill was hoping to have the 102F6's shipped by the end of November. I'm assuming that your estimates are based on estimates from the factory remaking the lens as to when they will be done and have the lens shipped (correct?).

Y'all may want to post an update on the Burgess Refractor Forum with this information. Or would y'all mind if I post a copy of your note in an update on the Burgess Refractor Forum and / or the Burgess Optical Section on the Astromart Forum.

Again, all success on shipping the 127F8's. Like a lot of other prospective 102F6 owners, I'm waiting for "first light" reports from the owners of the 127F8's to see how they did. Based on what I heard to date about both the 127F8's and the 102F6's, I'm not worried, just real interested. Also, (and more dear to me) all success in getting the new 102F6's.

Thanks, again and the best of the day to you and everyone at Burgess Optical.

Mark Vincent Costello III

End of my response to the first note. The note below is the response from Burgess Optical:

Mark,

Yes, you are correct. We are patiently waiting on the new glass to arrive. We want to make sure what goes into our 102 is quality. We regret that our customers are having to wait but I think most would appreciate waiting a bit longer to get quality, then to be shipped something substandard.

You can post a copy of my previous email and this one if you would like.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Burgess Optical
7756 Oak Ridge HWY
Knoxville, TN 37931

865-769-8777
865-539-0345 (fax)

Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 10am-6pm Eastern

End of notes. Hope this helps.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."