Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Hmmmm 1026 vapour ware?

Started by JeanDorais, 11/05/2003 04:38PM
Posted 11/05/2003 04:38PM Opening Post
I've just tried calling Bill and kendrick's seperately...got the voice mail for both. Sent them both e-mail asking about hte REAL delivery dates for the 1026...will update the group with any and all information I get...if any.

Jean D
Posted 11/05/2003 07:12PM #1
Don't hold your breath. However those 102F6 will show up someday. But there have been problems and rather than shipping less than perfect scope, Bill has chosen to take the time and do it right.

I would rather wait for the best that Bill can offer than to settle for something he is not happy with. When I decided to buy one of these, the Skyview 100mm F6 Synta scope was available but I chose the 102F6 because it looked like a better scope.

It still looks like a better scope. The wait has been long but I am not scopeless so it is just a wait.

jon
Posted 11/07/2003 03:34AM #2
All of us that ordered the 102 f6 have been very much aware that there were problems - there were also promises month after month to keep us informed.

We are given dates and promises of updates - not the product, but just when we can expect an update. There has never been a single promise of an update kept in 8 months of delays.

Whenever this achro arrives and if by magic it should perform as the Hubble, I still wouldn't order a paper clip from a company that has such a low regard for its customers.