My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Moderators and Moderating

Started by DonDurbin, 07/14/2009 06:27AM
Posted 07/14/2009 06:27AM | Edited 07/14/2009 06:46AM Opening Post
To All,

I am fairly certain that most Moderators do not watch their forums hoping for the chance to moderate or in the extreme case delete posts. I know that I do not watch hoping for the chance to moderate or in the extreme case delete posts in the forums that I moderate.

I recently got some private email accusing me of being over zealous in my moderation of this forum. I would just as soon let these forums go and allow the chips to fall where they may. However if I did that, I would not be doing the job as Moderator. I recognize the fact that you cannot please of of the people all of the time. Anyone who has ever tried to do so will quickly find that almost everyone is displeased with your efforts.

I have tried to allow a little more latitude on this forum, simply because it has been dead for quite a while. I would like to be able to continue that effort.

In today's America there are some very strong political feelings. As a moderator, I feel I cannot allow politics an open door to this forum. There is a political forum on Astromart. Please feel free to use it.

Please try to allow that your opinion may not be the only one that counts or in some cases may not even be correct. shocked

Do not make direct attacks on individuals, specific brand names, or manufacturers. >sad

If you own a specific piece of equipment and you wish to share your experience with it, please do! Tell us what you liked and what you did not like. Make suggestions as to how it could have been better or worse. Share with us your work around and fixes to overcome any short comings that you may have encountered. That is what this forum should be about. 8O

As always on any forum that I moderate, cursing, pseudo curse words, acronyms where it is common knowledge that a curse word is being used, are never allowed and your post will be deleted.

Thanks
Don Durbin
Posted 07/14/2009 08:43AM #1
Don:

As a fellow moderator, I thought your guidance here was most appropriate. Astromart seems to require very little effort on the part of its moderators but there are times when it is necessary.

Best to all...

Jon
Posted 07/14/2009 10:05AM #2
Don, just doing your job in my opinion and properly I might add. smile

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager