Semi-APO?

Started by fblue, 10/05/2004 11:40PM
Posted 10/05/2004 11:40PM Opening Post
Isn't this a bit like Semi-Virgin? wink
The term is a bit hard to put a finger on really. How exactly do you test for Semi-APO? Is there a percentage of APO or a certain amount of color or just what is it?
Is the Meade ED APO an APO or a Semi-APO or a glorified Acro? grin
I think that when Burgess releases his new scopes, then the truth will prevail. Either they will come out or they will not, but as long as no on is laying out any money up front, then there is nothing to get upset or concerned about is there?
Floyd

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 10/06/2004 12:31PM #1
think that when Burgess releases his new scopes, then the truth will prevail. Either they will come out or they will not, but as long as no on is laying out any money up front, then there is nothing to get upset or concerned about is there?
Floyd
--------

Floyd:

So far I have more that a year of time and a half and $200 invested in this whole debacle. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it but some of us have been waiting, patiently at first and now with more than a taste of frustration... Last January the "semi-apo's" were supposed to arrive in April, here it is October...

$200 is not a great deal of money but a year and a half ago Orion was selling their 100mm F6 scope for $200 and I am quite sure I would have been satisfied with that one. Oh well, live and learn.

Jon