Northern Cardinal

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

DayStar Quantum Control Connection Woes

Started by swsands, 02/08/2013 04:36PM
Posted 02/08/2013 04:36PM Opening Post
Anyone out there have some words of wisdom on how to get the DayStar Quantum Control software to connect to my Windows XP Pro laptop? I have tried everything I know to no avail. It wants Com Port 3 which I have made available to it, but it still fails to connect. I just get a blank white screen. I just flashed the firmware on the hand controller and motors on my Celestron NexStar 8SE using a comm port (3) so I know it must be possible to connect via serial to USB! :S
Posted 02/19/2017 05:55AM #1
Steve Sands said:

Anyone out there have some words of wisdom on how to get the DayStar Quantum Control software to connect to my Windows XP Pro laptop? I have tried everything I know to no avail. It wants Com Port 3 which I have made available to it, but it still fails to connect. I just get a blank white screen. I just flashed the firmware on the hand controller and motors on my Celestron NexStar 8SE using a comm port (3) so I know it must be possible to connect via serial to USB! :S

This is a pretty old thread but I thought I'd ask anyway just incase. Did you ever figure this out? I know the celestron connection to the com port for me required me to make a special serial cable. I also used a usb to RS232 adapter and then the adapter I made to flash my celestron tripod with new firmware and was thinking perhaps maybe your Daystar requires a special cable as well that is different pin setup wise. I am curious to know if you ever got the software to work and if so what kind of cable you used to do it.