Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Dispute With Coronado

Started by jadamslh, 02/11/2006 09:49AM
Posted 02/11/2006 09:49AM Opening Post
I purchased a 60 mm. solar filter and BF 15 from Coronado Instruments and I've been very happy with it.

I put a down payment for it at RTMC in 2002 [IIRC]. It was to have been delivered in August. It didn't come, and a payment I was counting on didn't happen, either.

I contacted Coronado and told them not to send the filter, since I would be unable to pay for it at the time, but a few weeks later, it showed up. I phoned to tell them the situation, but didn't hear anything back.

Coronado finally phoned to ask for payment and we agreed I would pay monthly until it was paid off. Twice I couldn't make the payment, and I phoned to let them know. I talked to several different people, including Gerry, who was unsympathetic and arrogant, completely different from how she was when she took my downpayment.

I paid it off completely, but Coronado sent the matter to collection anyway. The credit reporting company placed a ding on my credit. Coronado refuses to get it erased, and now are telling a different story about what happened.

If there is no advantage to paying for merchandise, if one's credit is to be hurt anyway, why pay it off? Why not take the hit you're going to take anyway, and keep the merchandise? I wouldn't, and didn't, do that.

Check my AM ratings to see if you think I'm a flake.

James Adams
Posted 02/11/2006 04:32PM #1
James,

My suggestion is to send a letter of dispute to the credit reporting agency. I found a template for such a letter at this URLs:
http://credit.about.com/cs/consumeraction/a/blltrdis1.htm
http://credit.about.com/cs/consumeraction/a/blltrdis3.htm

I think, also, that you may add any items relevant to your credit report, such as your side of this issue, that must be maintained in your credit file.

The fine print ...
I'm just some guy from Chester County, PA and IANAL 8)

Regards,
Louis Marchesi
[COLOR="Gray"]New London Township, PA[/COLOR]