Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Image brightness

Started by thrutkay, 03/12/2007 07:30PM
Posted 03/12/2007 07:30PM Opening Post
I recently recieved my BF10 back from Coronado (Meade) after repairs were made due to a coatings problem. I have been using a Maxscope 40 with CEMAX eps. for the past 2 years. With my returned BF10 I have noticed that the image is much brighter to the point of no longer being able to see much surface detail due to scattered light without using a polarizing filter. Also the backround sky is no longer black as it was. It is now flooded with reddish-brown light (not ghost images). The Maxscope has always delivered very dark backrounds with little scattered light and very comfortable images. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? It definitely is not performing the way it has in the past. I have tried other eps. and the results are more or less the same. Does anyone have any ideas???
Posted 03/14/2007 04:40AM #1
I'd suggest you contact Meade and explain the situation.

I had my PST repaired due to objective failure and it came back to me showing a much brighter solar disk. Like yours, surface contrast is less than before. Now my PST doesn't show scattered light like you report and the brighter image allows me to use higher powers so it balances out a bit.

The scattered light doesn't sound right which is why I suggest you contact Meade. I know its a pain, but if your not happy with the repair, you should let them know. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Tom

Clear, sunny skies.
Tom Masterson
Coronado-Lunt-Daystar Solar Filters forum Moderator