Thrown for a loop!

Started by astrnmrtom, 09/08/2005 04:12AM
Posted 09/08/2005 04:12AM Opening Post
Yeeeeeooowww! Is all I can say about today's loop prominence.

I came home from work, grabbed my toolbox and was supposed to work in the yard. Thought I'd take a quick look at the sun first. Instead of doing my "chores" I grabbed my LPI, Meade 140 barlow and fired up my SMn filter. The sun was low in the west but I had to try so I cranked off images until the sun set behind the trees.

Here's a VERY compressed, quickly tweeked, uncropped image of the spectacular loop prominence. After some more tinkering I'll post some others.

Enjoy.

Tom Masterson

Clear, sunny skies.
Tom Masterson
Coronado-Lunt-Daystar Solar Filters forum Moderator
Posted 09/08/2005 04:16AM #1
Another quicky shot combining two exposures. Although not blended well, you can see the spot where this huge magnetic field was being blown out of.

WOW, my head is still spinning from this one. Visually it was amazing.

Tom Masterson

Clear, sunny skies.
Tom Masterson
Coronado-Lunt-Daystar Solar Filters forum Moderator
Posted 09/09/2005 09:38AM #2
Very good job Tom grin

For two days now I've been watching pictures of this event with envy, since it is raining here and it seems it will rain for a while >sad >sad >sad so no chances to get even just the end of this event! The funny thing is that all around us Europe seems to be doing not so bad weatherwise sad since I see pictures coming from Germany and Sicily so north and south of me!

So please keep on sending images like these which, even if they increase the pain of not being able to to see with one's own eyes :C, at least they satisfy curiosity smile

Ciao Tom

Luca 8)

www.amun-ra.org
Solar Imaging Website