My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

2" Diagonal Recommendations....

Started by mourip, 10/26/2003 10:47PM
Posted 10/26/2003 10:47PM Opening Post
Hi,

I am looking for a 2" diagonal for my newly acquired Tak Sky90. I would like to find one that will not be the limiting factor in the system but do not feel that I can afford an AP or the TV Everbrite level. I have heard good things about the Williams diagonals. Would the less expensive "New Generation" 97% refelectivity diagonal suit my needs? It seems like a good value. Any other recommendations?

Best,

Paul
Posted 10/27/2003 12:43AM #1
Hi Paul,

I use the WO Second Generation standard diagonal in my FS 102 and I like it quite a bit. No sign of any aberrations at all, and it is bright and crisp. I think that at $99 it is a pure steal! I got a brief chance to compare it to a friend's AP Maxbright on his TMB 100/800, and we honestly couldn't tell a difference in the images between the two diagonals. It is also a beautifully machined diagonal, and both the diagonal and the 1.25" adapter use compression rings.

Doug
Midway, FL
Posted 11/02/2003 03:24AM #2
Thanks for the replies. I ordered 99$ WO and it should be here on next Tuesday. My Sky90 arrived yesterday so I am really looking forward to trying it out.

Best,

Paul