The Eagle Nebula from the Copernicus Observatory in SW Utah

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Forum Silence

Started by reconair, 02/24/2009 02:09AM
Posted 02/24/2009 02:09AM Opening Post
It seems that a severe lack of Tak owner participation in this forum is a sure sign that Tak users are generally content with their equipment and busy whiling away the evening hours behind their instruments rather than posting. I worry that the Tak forum risks shutdown by brother Herb and Tak discussions being relegated to the refractor forum unceremoniously.

Scott Busby
A.K.A. Reconair

Carpe Noctum

Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
- Ptolemy,c.150 AD
Posted 02/24/2009 06:09AM #1
It seems that a severe lack of Tak owner participation in this forum is a sure sign that Tak users are generally content with their equipment and busy whiling away the evening hours behind their instruments rather than posting.

Hopefully! I'm happy with my Tak stuff. 8)

I worry that the Tak forum risks shutdown by brother Herb and Tak discussions being relegated to the refractor forum unceremoniously.

Well, Takahashi has more than refractors, so hopefully....

Eric
Posted 02/24/2009 02:54PM #2
Rocky, the General Manager of Takahashi will be with me at NEAF this year and he may have a surprise to announce.

Rocky will be more thanplease to sign any tube assemblies as he has done in the past.

Art Ciampi
Posted 02/26/2009 12:49PM #3
Louis Busby said:

It seems that a severe lack of Tak owner participation in this forum is a sure sign that Tak users are generally content with their equipment and busy whiling away the evening hours behind their instruments rather than posting.
Speaking for myself only, the weather has been a real bitch the past three months with DAILY clouds and often including rain. It has been so bad that I have yet to pursue Comet Lulin!

During the past three months I have not experienced more than 3-4 hours of clear skies in total!

A little more patience for March and, at the latest April, where I expect to be back in action with my Tak FSQ and Mewlon 210.

Anthony.
Posted 03/17/2009 07:49PM #4
I just found it. There are a lot of different forums here. I'll certainly be posing some questions.

JD