Dioptrix experiences anyone?

Started by heafnerj, 11/07/2005 10:26PM
Posted 11/07/2005 10:26PM | Edited 11/07/2005 10:30PM Opening Post
Last week at the Mid Atlantic Star Party, I got a 35mm Panoptic and love it! I also noticed that the same vendor had some Dioptrix units on hand. I didn't know my astigmatism correction at the time but after I got home, I discovered that Tele Vue makes one precisely for my prescription. Can anyone comment on how well the Dioptrix works? I have several of the compatible eyepieces.

Joe

PS This is my first post on these forums!

Joe Heafner
SticksAndShadows.com
Posted 11/07/2005 10:43PM #1
Joe Heafner said:

Last week at the Mid Atlantic Star Party, I got a 35mm Panoptic and love it! I also noticed that the same vendor had some Dioptrix units on hand. I didn't know my astigmatism correction at the time but after I got home, I discovered that Tele Vue makes one precisely for my prescription. Can anyone comment on how well the Dioptrix works? I have several of the compatible eyepieces.

Joe

Hello there Joe,

You can see what some testers were saying.
http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=258

I spent my day with Al at OPT a few months ago and while I found with my 0.25 astigmatism the Dioptrx didn't make much difference no me (no surprise), I heard many people who came by were saying oooh, aaah. You may just want to go back to the telescope store and ask to try one out. Al was using the eye test chart commonly found at the optometrist office ;-).

Ron B[ee]
Posted 11/08/2005 07:14PM #2
Joe Heafner said:

Can anyone comment on how well the Dioptrix works? I have several of the compatible eyepieces.

Hi Joe,

The Dioptrix works and extremeley well at that. There is not much more I can say.

Paul