Messier 13 Hercules Cluster

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

NP series Fluorite or not ??

Started by Hans Tucker, 01/05/2006 05:46PM
Posted 01/05/2006 05:46PM Opening Post
Looking through the APM website I notice that the Televue NP101 & NP127 are listed under a Fluorite heading in the Refractors section. This mis-information regarding the NP range containing a lens element manufactured from Fluorite has been around since the introduction of the NP127 (well that's when I first noticed it)but I am still surprised this appears particularly on Markus Ludes website. Or am I the one mis-informed and the NP101 & NP127 do have Fluorite lens elements. The Televue website doesn't diclose any information to this fact.
Posted 01/05/2006 08:16PM | Edited 01/05/2006 08:28PM #1
Hans Tucker said:

Looking through the APM website I notice that the Televue NP101 & NP127 are listed under a Fluorite heading in the Refractors section. This mis-information regarding the NP range containing a lens element manufactured from Fluorite has been around since the introduction of the NP127 (well that's when I first noticed it)but I am still surprised this appears particularly on Markus Ludes website. Or am I the one mis-informed and the NP101 & NP127 do have Fluorite lens elements. The Televue website doesn't diclose any information to this fact.

Hello there Hans,

APM is not an authorized Tele Vue dealer. As such, it comes as to no surprise when it comes to misinformation or incorrect information ;-). I'll further hasten to add anyone buying Tele Vue products from APM will risk not having warranty on the product. The last Tele Vue refractor that used true fluorite (CaF2) was the long discontinued Genesis-SDF.

Here's the list of authorized Tele Vue dealers in Germany.
http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=60#Germany

Ron B[ee]
Posted 01/06/2006 08:09PM | Edited 01/06/2006 08:32PM #2
Hans Tucker said:

Here's the link:

http://www.apm-telescopes.de/hersteller_uebersicht.php?id=Tele%20Vue

And gentlemen, can't we all just get along?

Michael Aaron McNeely
TeleVue Forum Moderator
Astromart.com