Jupiter 7-24-2020

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

NP127, Starbeam, Quick Release Question

Started by Buck8one2, 09/11/2008 07:57AM
Posted 09/11/2008 07:57AM Opening Post
I have an NP127 and it will not fit in the case with the starbeam attached. After doing a bit of searching I found a thread saying to use the Quick Release and Dovetail to get this done. While the QRB-1002 Bracket mounts fine, I have an issue with the way the QRD-1006 mounts to the Starbeam base. There is only one screw holding these together with 2 flat surfaces, no tracks or channels. The Dovetail has two holes for mounting, so it seems that drilling a second attachment hole in the Starbeam base would be the solution or am I missing something here?
There has to be a few of you folks using the Starbeam with Quick Release on a NP127, so how did you do this or is the one screw enough to get the job done?

Buck
Posted 09/17/2008 01:09PM #1
Buck,

Your puzzlement is one of several reasons I abandoned the TV Starbeam on my TV scopes and came up with a very quick, easy way to attach/detach a Telrad (which I like better anyway), and it self aligns every time I put it on the scope. (See attached picture.) Lemme know if you want more info on how it works.

Attached Image:

mrvolvo's attachment for post 125002