Two inch Powermate and AP Diagonal

Started by BarryAClarke, 09/12/2003 04:26PM
Posted 09/12/2003 04:26PM Opening Post
I notice that both the 2X and 4X Powermates do not fully mate in a AP MaxBright diagonal. Both Powermates sit about an 1/8 inch high off the diagonal when insterted. Is this a flaw between the two manifactures or must I buy a TeleVue diagonal? Does this produce any problems or has anyone else noticed this?
Barry
Posted 09/12/2003 07:50PM #1
You don't have to buy a Tele Vue diagonal.

Barrels on the Tele Vue accessories are designed to seat in Tele Vue's own diagonals. Even though the Maxbright and Everbrite share the same mirror source, their housings are indeed different. The Maxbright is obviously "shorter," but it does utilize a machined lip as a 2-inch accessory "stop" (to prevent 2-inch barrels from contacting the mirror).

There should be no problems associated with installing either 2-inch Powermate in the Maxbright.

One note, however: the Maxbright's thumbscrew lock ring may or may not engage the safety recess on Tele Vue barrels. (Someone else can verify this; I don't have own 2-inch TV accessories.) Some folks might be concerned if the ring and recess do not engage. I myself would deem it an annoyance, rather than a problem.

Hope I haven't confused things.
Best wishes and luck.
-Dan