Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: SCAMMER ALERT QSI-683wsg "bundle" for $2500

Started by Thomas Dey, 01/29/2017 04:28AM
Posted 01/29/2017 04:28AM Opening Post
Yikes... they are indeed out there. Some person once tried to sell me a too good to be true tractor on Equipment Trader for a mere $7000. I offered to buy immediately, but researched the address etc. and he instructed me to wire $$$ to Italy because he was "going on vacation" but would leave the tractor in the driveway, in Pennsylvania... yep. BTW, I always use PayPal "Goods and Services" and happily pay the fee. I only use "Friends and Family" for ... friends and family! Menbers' history here is of course an excellent indicator of legitimacy! Tom

29-inch Dob in a dome
36-inch upgrade soon
LUNT 80/80 solar scope
FLI 6803 cam
APM 100mm APO Binos
JMI RB-16 Night Vision Binos
Zeiss 20x60 IS binos
Posted 01/29/2017 07:33AM #1
If the deal is too good, buyer beware. :C

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 01/30/2017 10:41PM #2
Hi David, Well... that's quite tragic! I used "good indicator" to allow for the rare dissatisfaction in a deal. Cosmetics don't bother me, but I know many people want minty only. Best for sellers to overtly disclose negatives in their ads! Here's one where I emphasized that, the buyer was delighted. http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=740761 Tom

29-inch Dob in a dome
36-inch upgrade soon
LUNT 80/80 solar scope
FLI 6803 cam
APM 100mm APO Binos
JMI RB-16 Night Vision Binos
Zeiss 20x60 IS binos
Posted 02/12/2017 06:11PM #3
Thomas Dey said:

Yikes... they are indeed out there. Some person once tried to sell me a too good to be true tractor on Equipment Trader for a mere $7000. I offered to buy immediately, but researched the address etc. and he instructed me to wire $$$ to Italy because he was "going on vacation" but would leave the tractor in the driveway, in Pennsylvania... yep. BTW, I always use PayPal "Goods and Services" and happily pay the fee. I only use "Friends and Family" for ... friends and family! Menbers' history here is of course an excellent indicator of legitimacy! Tom

The scammer actually contacted me directly via email after the post was deleted with a bunch of photos (lifted directly from http://www.pbase.com/rolfolsen/qsi683wsg8_test_images when I did google reverse image search) . Seems like a pretty sophisticated operation. I have never really bothered about ratings (other than the join date) but looks like it is more important given these type of scams.
Posted 04/30/2018 03:20PM #4
for that kind of money $2500 beter pic it up ..... of some one bring it to you ... ^_=)/
PLEASE BE careful ALSO ON eBay Questar telescope ... many fake Questar telescope
i buy in germany  but money have to sent to italie  so i contact eBay
they say was a scammer  .... ?????   

greeting 
from kiwi ^_=)

POLAREX