The AstroMart FORUMS - What I like and HATE!

Started by AstroMart, 07/01/2013 05:31PM
Posted 07/03/2013 05:37AM #10
Generally great for buying and selling.

I'd like to see ratings for vendors that sell in the Classified. Otherwise there is no way to tell if they are good to deal with or not, and not all of them are good.

Brad
Posted 07/03/2013 05:57PM #11
I like pretty much everything and it is a fair value for the price paid. I also strongly prefer the new Anacortes website over the old format (which made me crazy at times when I could not see all the pages).
Posted 07/04/2013 05:45PM | Edited 07/04/2013 05:46PM #12
It seems the programmers did something to the Facebook "like" rating thing, but the web browser freezes I'm
getting are now MUCH WORSE than before. I'm seeing timings up to about 37 seconds for the Astromart
web pages to load. Probably it must be related to using IE8 browser on Windows XP. Some particular timings:

http://www.astromart.com/ -- 25 seconds to load

http://www.astromart.com/news/ -- 33 seconds to load

http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/ -- 33 to 37 seconds to load

http://www.astromart.com/auctions/ -- 29 seconds to load

It does appear they took the "like" thing off some of the pages. Thanks.
Posted 07/04/2013 07:43PM #13
Why will nobody in the US post at my 'expense' internationally.?
Posted 07/08/2013 11:10PM #14
Astromart is great. I would like to be able to "watch" auctions and get an email 6-12 hours before it ends so I don't miss the close. I have missed out on things I really wanted and have had others tell me they did the same.
Posted 07/13/2013 03:44PM #15
I'm not a big fan of the thumbnail images.
They're too tiny to impart any useful information but when I click on 'photos' to change the setting it changes the ordering of the ads by the date they were posted. That's the function of the 'posted' button, I believe.
In addition, sometimes some of the thumbnails disappear but not all.
Is it possible to delete the thumbnails without messing up my other settings?

dan k.
Posted 07/15/2013 04:39AM | Edited 07/15/2013 04:39AM #16
OK, what am I doing wrong.... Starting in the last few days the ad images all display in a 2:1 ratio of width:height. Hence, nearly all of the images are cut off at the top and bottom. The only way I've figured out to see the entire images is to save them to disk, and then display them from disk, which is a pain. Is there some way to preserve the original aspect ratio of the images? I am getting this behavior with both IE8 and Google Chrome 28. Thanks! - John B.
Posted 08/01/2013 07:30AM #17
Just stopped by Astromart to see what was happening...

WOW...who screwed up the classfieds?

I am on dialup..and now I can't see any of the pictures because you try to load MEGA loads of graphics.

I HATE...repeat HATE...the new format.

If it stays, I will likely not renew my membership...why belong when I can't see what you have.

Bloated websites SUCK!!!
Posted 08/05/2013 08:10AM #18
PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE put an option in to SHUT OFF THE &*^$# AUTOMATIC LOADING OF PICTURES!

As it is now on dialup, the pictures take MANY MANY MINUTES TO LOAD...THAT IS IF THEY LOAD AT ALL.

The former option of having THUMBNAILS..SMALL THUMBNAILS that the user could click on IF they wanted to see the picture is what worked for dialup and should be left as the DEFAULT option.

As it is now, your website is unuseable with any user on dialup...that's 20% of America.

Thanks

~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

Here is your chance to get your wishes addressed

The Anacortes Web TEAM is starting changes on AstroMart feel and functions today. They are finishing up the www.BuyTelescopes.Com site this week and are ready to tackle AstroMart.

The changes will start not be huge but are to improve the experience of MEMBERS use of AstroMart.

I like

a)
b)
c)

I hate
a)
b)
c)
d)

Fill in the blanks please!
Thank you
AstroMart LLC
Posted 08/05/2013 08:24AM #19
Hey Astromart...are you testing your new changes of the website on a computer that is using DIALUP?

I would suggest you do...it will give you heads up about changes that will adversely affect your membership.

Good luck with the changes...looking forward to the end result.

Thanks

Send from a computer running at a screaming 26K baud.