To many folks make double deals here

Started by proteus, 10/19/2006 01:04AM
Posted 10/19/2006 01:04AM Opening Post
Your only as good as your word. If I say I'll buy it and you say it's for sale, then shouldn't that be it? Isn't the deal supposed to be complete but the payment and shipping part?

Too many folks here are double and triple dealing and just too impatient to move a sale even after telling you it's still available. I'm not one to jump to a bad rating for someone, but a deal is a deal and my word is always good. I believe if I say I'll buy it and you say it's still available, then the rating system should bind this. Too often though folks here don't care and make multiple deals and first payment is how its done.

Again, having my paypal refunded and email telling me its been sold even with a rating available for both isn't the way we should be conducting business here. I won't give a bad rating too easily, but man this was close.
Posted 10/20/2006 02:33AM | Edited 10/20/2006 02:34AM #1
People just need to be clear and concise. If I want to buy an item, I'll usually send a message thats entirely clear:

"I'll buy it. Please let me know your desired PayPal address (or money order physical address) and total price with shipping, I'll send PayPal payment immediately or mail a money order next day."

If I'm selling an item and I get the inevitable "I'd like to buy your widget, but can you tell me..." message, I'll answer their questions and tell them "Let me know if you have any more questions, and I'll let you know if the item is still available."