Eastern Veil

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Detected, Inspected, Rejected

Started by Larry J, 03/20/2010 04:51AM
Posted 03/20/2010 04:51AM Opening Post
I have no issue with either a new member or annual subscription fee. This site has been my home page for many years and I truly enjoy it.
My only problem is that it doesn't like this "grandfather's" credit card. I've made several attempts to update my profile in the recent past (Yes, I also tried the new member route) and I keep hitting what I have to believe is an AVS address check issue (address error message). Frustrating.
I've used the same card for years with other on-line transactions including small local concerns and big national firms and this site is the only one where I've ever experienced this problem. I even tried an address copy-paste from my bank site to Astromart without any luck.
I like Astromart so much that I braved near eternal hold to speak with customer service at my bank about this problem. They confirmed that I live where I thought I did. (Good to know my house hasn't been replaced by a Steven Wright style exact duplicate). They agreed this was an AVS issue but did not provide me with any other assistance or direction other than confirming my account particulars.
I'm appreciating the irony that if anyone out there has a suggestion or solution to my issue I might never see it. wink

Posted 03/20/2010 07:10AM #1
You should email AM directly.....

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 03/29/2010 04:55PM #2
Do they also check the phone number?