How many times must I sign in?

Started by bschmall, 08/29/2010 02:55PM
Posted 08/29/2010 02:55PM Opening Post
I just spent a half hour and a lot of my limited brain power to post a thoughtful response to Christine Canelos Walsh's post on abortion. After all that that effort I hit the popup that required me to sign in again BEFORE posting. How the hell do you think I got onto that thread in the first place? BY SIGNING IN. So my effort was lost--my post never appeared. Please explain.
Posted 08/29/2010 04:49PM #1
Robert Schmall said:

I just spent a half hour and a lot of my limited brain power to post a thoughtful response to Christine Canelos Walsh's post on abortion. After all that that effort I hit the popup that required me to sign in again BEFORE posting. How the hell do you think I got onto that thread in the first place? BY SIGNING IN. So my effort was lost--my post never appeared. Please explain.

I've had this happen to me a time or two... I believe spending too much time in the editor will cause you to time-out and be logged off due to account inactivity. If the words are really beginning to flow, I suggest you use an external editor--even Notepad--and cut and paste.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 08/30/2010 12:34AM #2
Robert

As a wordy poster, I have learned how to handle this. What has happened is you have timed out.

You can choose something REMEMBER MY LOGIN ORKEEP LOGGED IN but that on seems to work for one computer. If it remembers your login then when you time out, it looks up your login....

Anyway if I get the dreaded YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN message when I hit The POST MESSAGE button, I immediately hit the BACK control on my browser. This takes back to what I wrote, it has not been lost.

Then I open a new window, login to astromart. When I swap windows back to my post, I can now send it.

Jon