Need Help?

Meade sued for false advertising

Started by laservet, 08/06/2002 06:55PM
Posted 08/06/2002 06:55PM Opening Post
http://www.company7.com/c7news/meadevswanson.html

What's good for the goose...

Paul Gustafson
Posted 08/12/2002 10:59AM #1
Wow - let me know when you go again - I'll bring my little "junky" LX-10 (I bought it before the LX-90 came out - I'd go for that now BTW). I also have the Meade 2" SCT diagonal that seems is always panned (crappy coatings, don't mount any TV "glass grenades" on it, it will bend, etc.) but it seems rock solid (all metal and heavy, seemed at least as "beefy" as other units) and the views were fine even at 400X. I also have a pile of lowly Mixed-breed plossels and while the TV WF "glass grenades" were really nice I will be happy to stay with the lighter simplicity of smaller EPs (with the reduced fields, and (thankfully) costs).

I DID see some VERY nice scopes mind you (C11's, Tak 120s, TV's, nice DOBs etc.) at a local star party but guess what? About 1/3 of the scopes seemed to be MEADE SCT's!! Funny how even some of the "big hitters" seem to have one packed away somewhere ... might it be the "cost effectiveness" factor? And after seeing (and looking through) the "better" scopes nothing there made me want to dump my "trash" MEADE (except maybe an 8" PortaBall ... smile). While some of the views were better for a 8 inch SCT it was doing just fine, thank you.

Glad to hear others think down the same lines... hope you keep getting joy out of your rig.

Tom

Tom Mengel
Moderator Equipment Talk

“Insanity: Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results”.
Albert Einstein