nice warm sun

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Rebuilding a battery pack

Started by kendo, 11/21/2007 03:56PM
Posted 11/21/2007 03:56PM Opening Post
Do any of you have experience rebuilding a rechargeable battery pack? I remember reading about testing the cells and replacing bad ones. But I can't find the post here anymore. Many thanks for any leads to the recipe.
Posted 11/21/2007 04:17PM #1
Yeah, I've done it with my big old battery pack.

Just start disassembling it, and down underneath the case, you will find what loooks like a big, black battery. (Or two, or some variation). Take it out of the case.

Test it to see if it is really the reason things are failing. (I.E., try to charge it with something besides the battery pack system, and see if it holds a charge. If it does, then it is working, and the battery pack electronics may be at fault instead.)

Hit the web, or your local electronics store, for a replacement of the right voltage, size, amperage, storage capacity, fittings, etc. and buy it. Then just reassemble.

It is fun and educational.

Alex

Posted 11/21/2007 04:35PM | Edited 11/21/2007 04:35PM #2
Here is a link to Dave Bonandrini's article:

http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=587

Ken Landaiche said:

Do any of you have experience rebuilding a rechargeable battery pack? I remember reading about testing the cells and replacing bad ones. But I can't find the post here anymore. Many thanks for any leads to the recipe.

David Simons