Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Siebert Optics Eyepieces

Started by khking, 02/28/2003 06:56PM
Posted 02/28/2003 06:56PM Opening Post
How do you folks rate Siebert Optics eyepieces? Especially on large fast dobs(19"F/4) He has a comprehensive website and makes different eyepieces for various observing situations. Does anyone own one of the 2-4MM high power eyepieces?
Posted 03/01/2003 04:25AM #1
Hi Kurt, I have two eyepieces (26mm & 3.9mm)of Siebert's both are good. My 3.9mm 1.25" format is of the new stardard design. It works great in my 8"F6 dobs(x307). Harry is a vary nice guy that works hard to make good stuff. I would say give him a try.
Posted 03/01/2003 05:56AM #2
I own a 12.5 standard and a 21 mm standard. Both are good eyepieces with excellent on axis sharpness and very good across the field at f/6. I also own his variable barlow, which is an excellent barlow, although it requires a lot of outfocus above 2x. Contrast is very good, and could probably be improved with a little flocking paper in the barrel. They aren't the prettiest eyepieces to look at, but they are pretty damn good to look through.

Harry is very accessible and will really try to give you his best advice, so I would recommend either calling him or e-mailing him--just ask. Harry does all his own designing and building, so he understands optics. He has a 30 day return policy which he stands by, so he will be very up-front about how any individual eyepiece will work in your scope.