My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Where are the deals?

Started by robrjm, 06/26/2003 11:09PM
Posted 06/26/2003 11:09PM Opening Post
What happened to the great deals on NEW top quality astro
products like Televue, AP, Tak, Pentax, etc. Below is an ad in Orion Telescopes from 1992 having a great deal. I haven't seen anything like this lately. How about buy a 26 and 31 Nagler and get the 20mm Nagler free!

Attached Image:

robrjm's attachment for post 7184
Posted 06/27/2003 01:10AM #1
Wow - there must have been real margins in 1992.

Herb
Posted 06/27/2003 02:31AM #2
Rob,

I am with you. For the cost of this stuff you'd think Uncle Al and a few other would throw out a bargain now and then. I have literally owned EVERY Televue EP, a 2.5x Powermate, a 2x Big Barlow, two 2" Everbrite Diagonals, a 1.25" Everbrite Diagonal, a Televue diagonal adapter, a Televue Starbeam, two Pronto's and a TV85. I think that kind of loyalty is worth something. I am not picking on Televue either. I have also owned a Meade 8" 2080B, 10" 2120B, 10" LX200, 12" LX200, ETX90RA, and ETX90EC. What has that gotten me? Nothing. Talk about loyalty! It would be nice to see a little incentive here or there.

I have started a relatively new business called AstroPro Products. For my "regular" customers I routinely throw in one of my products as a "suprise" depending on how much and how often they buy and the customers love it. If you go back on all my AstroMart ads you will also see that I have run several buy one get one free, or buy one thing and get something else free. I also find that people come back more often because of these things. I guess since companies like Televue deal only with dealers those days with the big boys are probably gone.

Paul Atkinson
AstroProProducts.com

Attached Image:

DarthVader's attachment for post 68712