Wanning Crescent and Venus

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Explora-Dome

Started by Magic man, 05/23/2006 09:53AM
Posted 05/23/2006 09:53AM | Edited 05/23/2006 09:57AM Opening Post
For those interested they have started shipping. There will be changes to the product as things are found out about it. I have received mine and found it a good investment. At the risk of sounding commercial you should check out this site if you are looking to build a new observatory.http://www.pappasgrills.com/exploradome.aspx
Clear Dark skies
Magic Man
Star Shooter Mobile Observatory
Posted 05/23/2006 10:27AM #1
I so wish now that they are shipping, the company would expand the line. (bigger, much bigger, two piece big) smile
Posted 05/23/2006 01:08PM #2
Merlin,

I am on the pre-order list but haven't yet heard what the shipping costs would be. Was such a large item expensive to have shipped to you in Oregon?

Jerry
Posted 05/24/2006 05:05AM #3
I have just received mine as well (Texas). I have an existing 8'x8' building with a 7' plywood/masonite dome on it that I am replacing. The dome is pretty much exactly what I was expecting after reading the materials on the website. The guy driving the truck drove right up, and put it within a few feet of the existing building (closer than I imagined he could get it). I'm pleased with the product, price, and delivery cost. I'm a little concerned about having to mount it myself though. I think it will workout, but I'll feel better when it's done. This is not a failing of the product, but rather of my carpentry skills. I had tons of problems with sealing the wooden dome. I think that the 'skirt' around the bottom will help with that problem though.

For others that have ordered one ... How do you plan to mount yours?