Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Paramount ME problem

Started by n5ama, 05/02/2023 10:08PM
Posted 05/02/2023 10:08PM Opening Post
I am using a Paramount ME mount with The Sky X Pro software. Recently I was observing the moon with my C-14 and found I had to adjust the with the paddle to better center the moon. All seemed to be good and the tracking was perfect. I wanted to move the scope to a different part of the moon and had to manually guide the mount to the different location. The mount seemed to respond for a few seconds. It then tracked way off the object, shut down and disconnected.

I re-established connection but had to re-home the telescope before I could re-connect. I did this several times with the same result.

I then discovered I had gone over the viewing limits (operator error - not by much but I did cross the line). I was surprised the mount would acquire the object and track perfectly until I tried a second paddle input.

Is this to be expected given I had crossed the line a minimum amount?
I posed this question on the other site and got no feedback on this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tom

Shuttleview Observatory Pie Town, NM
Celestron C14 Paramount ME
Teeter 20” f4 Ostahowski mirror
Stellarvue 80
Stellarvue SVA130T
AP Starfire 5" f8
AP 6” f12 Superplanetary
10" f4.5 homebrew Newtonian
Byers 812 mount
Posted 05/03/2023 08:31PM #1
This happened again last night and I was on the correct side of the telescope limits. Same issue after skewing to an object, after a few minutes of perfect tracking I moved the scope with the paddle, the mount took off away from the object, stopped and then disconnected. I homed the mount, went back to the object and didn’t have any additional issues even after moving the scope with the paddle to force the problem again.

I suspected a cable related communication issue. I’m about 15’ from the warm room where the computers are located, so i tried moving the cable set in hopes of forcing the problem to surface, but no luck.

I’m back to first base trying to get this issue resolved prior to driving back to Houston (17 hour drive one way).

Thanks for listening to my trouble.
Clear skies,
Tom

Shuttleview Observatory Pie Town, NM
Celestron C14 Paramount ME
Teeter 20” f4 Ostahowski mirror
Stellarvue 80
Stellarvue SVA130T
AP Starfire 5" f8
AP 6” f12 Superplanetary
10" f4.5 homebrew Newtonian
Byers 812 mount