My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Kudos for an Astromart Sponser

Started by Buck8one2, 03/09/2006 03:51PM
Posted 03/09/2006 03:51PM | Edited 03/09/2006 03:52PM Opening Post
Hi Folks
Recently I've switched over to the barlowed laser method of collimation and decided to get a better laser. I found a Howie Glatter 1.25"/2" off Amart and purchased the barlow attachment from Howie. However, I didn't particularly like the plastic single beam aperture attachment that came with it and purchased another from Howie and it was OK and I could make it work. But what I was looking for was something more durable and would fit better. I had remembered several people mentioning PreciseParts and were very happy with the work. Well, I contacted Ashley at Precise Parts and faxed him a sketch of what I wanted and later that day he called me back with a few questions. He said it would take him a few days to finish the part and get it shipped. Today I go home after a business trip and the package was here. I have to say the workmanship was excellent and it looked and worked perfectly. Kudos to Ashley at PreciseParts. If you ever need a thing-a-ma-gig, dodad, thingy part and have to resort to having it made, do not hesitate to give PreciseParts a call.

Attached Image:

Buck8one2's attachment for post 30291