Surplus Shed worth a visit?

Started by Charles, 06/18/2004 01:59AM
Posted 06/18/2004 01:59AM Opening Post
I'm going to be passing "near" Surplus Shed in the next week or two. I troll their website on a weekly basis for ATM parts in search of the next project. I was wondering if they might have one-of-a-kind items on site that don't get listed on the website? Is it worth the trip?
Posted 06/18/2004 02:05AM #1
Hi Charles,

Give them a call !

Give us the lowdown.

I would go smile

David Simons

David Simons
Posted 06/18/2004 03:13PM #2
Charles,

I have been to their shop, and yes it IS worth the trip.

My impression is that they do a good job listing what they have in stock on the website. I'm sure there are things there that are not listed, however, I'll bet they are the more oddball items. (When I was there they had just taken delivery on a WWII Norton Bomb Site and were verifying that the self destruct charge had been removed! They said it was not for sale at that time.)

There is nothing like seeing all this stuff in person to get the ol' creative juices flowing!

I found the staff to be very helpful in a "laid-back" way, so be sure ask if you have questions and don't hesitate to tell them what you have in mind.

However, be aware that they are only open to the public on Saturdays (they spend the rest of the week working on internet orders).

Enjoy!

Mark