My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

My Ad Is Not Showing

Started by dogon, 04/29/2020 04:49AM
Posted 04/29/2020 04:49AM | Edited 04/29/2020 04:55AM Opening Post
Hello

It is an old ad from last year. I had it marked as sold. I did this to remove it from the classified. Now I want to sell it, but it is not showing in the classifieds. I unmarked it as sold.

Attached Image:

dogon's attachment for post 169056
Posted 04/29/2020 05:20AM #2
Would you be so kind as to write what you do not understand.
Posted 04/29/2020 05:21AM #3
Originally Posted by Anacortes Telescopes
8/11/19

???

Herb
Would you be so kind as to write what is it you do not understand?
Posted 04/29/2020 07:24AM | Edited 04/29/2020 07:44AM #4
Originally Posted by Darryl Spence
Hello

It is an old ad from last year. I had it marked as sold. I did this to remove it from the classified. Now I want to sell it, but it is not showing in the classifieds. I unmarked it as sold.

I am betting it DOES show up in the classifieds (in fact I KNOW it does).....but it has 8 months worth of other ads in front of it.....you would have to page down thru a LOT of ads to find it (as well as change the date range of what you are shown to go back that far).....Your best bet is to repost the ad as just unmarking it as sold does not bring it back to the top nor does editing it.....Unless of course you use the search function to find it in the public listings.

I am betting it is this one "Meade 120mm F/8 Refractor With Orion Mount And Tripod" which you posted on 8/11/2019.....There are 2 other items (binos and a mount)on that same date that are still marked sold as well as a wanted ad for 12/17/2019 which you never confirmed ie clicked the "Place Ad" button so out of the 4 ads that is the only one that doesnt show up in the public classifieds ads (though the 2 still marked sold will only show if someone clicks on show sold ads in addition to for sale ads)

You can also view all of them via the "My Account" and "My Classifieds".....I was able to see them all by clicking on your name and choosing to view your profile....

Your simplest remedy is to mark it sold again and then post a new ad which will put it at the top of the listings again....I believe the default date range when viewing ads is for the last 30 days....for it to include older ads than that you have to use the functions at the top of the ad list to tell it to display older ads....upto a year older....thats as far back as you can view in the public listings unless you are using search....you can search back to the 1st ads ever placed....you can also view every ad you ever posted even 10 years ago if you had any (and so can anyone) by viewing your profile

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA
Posted 04/30/2020 02:21AM #5
Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

I am betting it DOES show up in the classifieds (in fact I KNOW it does).....but it has 8 months worth of other ads in front of it.....you would have to page down thru a LOT of ads to find it (as well as change the date range of what you are shown to go back that far).....Your best bet is to repost the ad as just unmarking it as sold does not bring it back to the top nor does editing it.....Unless of course you use the search function to find it in the public listings.

I am betting it is this one "Meade 120mm F/8 Refractor With Orion Mount And Tripod" which you posted on 8/11/2019.....There are 2 other items (binos and a mount)on that same date that are still marked sold as well as a wanted ad for 12/17/2019 which you never confirmed ie clicked the "Place Ad" button so out of the 4 ads that is the only one that doesnt show up in the public classifieds ads (though the 2 still marked sold will only show if someone clicks on show sold ads in addition to for sale ads)

You can also view all of them via the "My Account" and "My Classifieds".....I was able to see them all by clicking on your name and choosing to view your profile....

Your simplest remedy is to mark it sold again and then post a new ad which will put it at the top of the listings again....I believe the default date range when viewing ads is for the last 30 days....for it to include older ads than that you have to use the functions at the top of the ad list to tell it to display older ads....upto a year older....thats as far back as you can view in the public listings unless you are using search....you can search back to the 1st ads ever placed....you can also view every ad you ever posted even 10 years ago if you had any (and so can anyone) by viewing your profile
Cool and thanks