Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC4628

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

The Blue Planet

Started by vahe, 07/11/2009 05:29AM
Posted 07/11/2009 05:29AM Opening Post
Neptune is going to be fairly close to Jupiter in the next couple of months.
Does anyone know, or point me to a link, as to exactly where it will be in relation to the gas giant, N,S,E or W?

I am using a 10” F/20 scope and finding things with this scope is not very easy, it definitely helps to know in which direction to look.

Thanks in advance
Vahe
Posted 07/11/2009 06:09AM #1
Vahe Sahakian said:

Does anyone know, or point me to a link, as to exactly where it will be in relation to the gas giant, N,S,E or W?

I am using a 10” F/20 scope and finding things with this scope is not very easy, it definitely helps to know in which direction to look.

Vahe: According to Cartes du Ciel, it is 34 arc-minutes from Jupiter and almost due north (347 deg.)

Thanks in advance
Vahe

Vahe: According to Cartes du Ciel, it is 34 arc-minutes from Jupiter and almost due north (347 deg.)

I recommend Cartes du Ciel as a well rounded and quite powerful Planetarium program, it also is free.

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

The separation and angle are changing rather quickly, CdC would allow you to have up date position information.

Jon

Posted 07/11/2009 07:04AM #2
It was nearly straight above jupiter last night when I was looking at it, dont know how many degrees but holding up my index finger with my arm extended it would have covered the gap between them.

Vahe Sahakian said:

Thanks in advance
Vahe

Dont Let Trump Cheat!! Demand Voter ID Now!
20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Statham GA