Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

On my neighbors roof

Started by pbrayton, 01/01/2013 09:43PM
Posted 01/01/2013 09:43PM Opening Post
I believe it is a Great Horned Owl. It stuck around for a few photos and then flew off. I thought it was a bit odd since it was maybe 3 pm but it was kind of cloudy/gloomy. Lots of rabbits in the neighborhood so its good hunting grounds. I just hope the folks with the Yorkies and other small dogs have them inside. We quickly made sure our cat was inside.

Attached Image:

pbrayton's attachment for post 56990
Posted 01/02/2013 04:42PM #1
Pete Brayton said:

I believe it is a Great Horned Owl. It stuck around for a few photos and then flew off. I thought it was a bit odd since it was maybe 3 pm but it was kind of cloudy/gloomy. Lots of rabbits in the neighborhood so its good hunting grounds. I just hope the folks with the Yorkies and other small dogs have them inside. We quickly made sure our cat was inside.
Pete Brayton said:

Hi Pete:

Good looking owl! We hear them hooting now and then but don't see them that often.

Jim