Jupiter 7-24-2020

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

How do I send e-mail?

Started by tomrod, 05/04/2002 08:58AM
Posted 05/04/2002 08:58AM Opening Post
Is there a way to send an e-mail directly to someone who posts on a forum?

There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary - those that do and those that don't
Posted 05/04/2002 09:33PM #1
That takes a little more thought. It would only work for registered users who are logged in. Now that I have an account and persistent log-in, I am logged in all the time and I imagine that many others do the same. When a user who is logged in posts a message, you could capture his user name and use that to enable a "Contact" button. If you had a "Contact OK" line in the user account information a member could disable the contact feature.

When a logged in member hits the Contact button, he would get a message box much like the one I am using now (this one automatically fills in my user name already). Astromart would look up the recipient's e-mail address, add the sender's e-mail address, construct an e-mail message and send it. A copy of the message would not be sent to the sender to the recipient's address would not be revealed unless he replies to the e-mail.

There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary - those that do and those that don't