The Cygnus Wall in the North American Nebula, NGC7000

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Team USA in overpriced Chinese uniforms

Started by jameswilliamjohnson, 07/13/2012 08:14AM
Posted 07/13/2012 08:14AM Opening Post
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/team-usa-to-be-decked-out-in-uniforms-made-in-china/

You figure representing the best and the pride of the USA, the Olympic team would have made in the USA uniforms. They are made in China and waay overpriced to boot. Why? So Ralph Lauren can increase their profit margins with overseas labor. Well, OK, that's business but not for the Olympic team. :C

Jim J

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." - Thomas Sowell
Posted 07/13/2012 08:26AM | Edited 07/13/2012 08:27AM #1
I can't wrap my head around this: USOC paid $2,000+/- to RL for each set of uniform as everyone is bitching about it, but then RL is a sponsor to the USOC.

So in the end, does the USOC actually have to pay for these things, or are they getting paid to wear these as advertising? If it is the case (as I suspect), the $2000 figure means nothing.

Heck, since RL sells these to the public, it's likely USOC gets a cut for every piece of USOC clothing RL sells.

ps: I can't wait for the Olympics. It's going to be as exciting as, well, watching paint dry. wink