NEOWISE With Airplane 7/17/20

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

It's Official: It's a Cult

Started by dsnope, 10/24/2008 04:38PM
Posted 10/24/2008 04:38PM Opening Post
Another fine work of art in Josef Stalin propaganda poster style.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/blogs/fortyfourthestate/show_comments.php?entry_id=3426
Posted 10/24/2008 05:15PM #1
Nice picture!

There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary - those that do and those that don't
Posted 10/25/2008 05:01AM #2
Dave Snope said:
Oh brother - here we go again with the McCarthy-ism, the Russians are coming the Russians are coming! ROTFL. This self-defeating effort to try to cast Obama into Stalin is really just sad to watch -- So let's see what makes it a 'cult' in your eyes, is it :

1) that somebody made a big picture, or
2) just that Obama is popular?
Posted 10/25/2008 01:23PM #3
Dave Snope said:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/blogs/fortyfourthestate/show_comments.php?entry_id=3426

That's nothing. I noticed today on my Dish Network guide I have an Obama Channel. If ever a presidency was bought.... It has been reported that Obama will have spent upwards of $700 million dollars by election day. That kind of "change" can buy you a pretty nice office, even an oval one. The smartest move Obama made in this campaign was to renege on his claim to use public financing, the first presidential candidate to do so since Watergate by the way. The backlash was nil while the rewards will more than likely get him elected. It will be clear early on who's palms he needs to scratch in return. At least 25% of his contributions came from individuals giving $2000 or more. And for those of you who fear the "Republican" big oil "boogeyman"; well over $200,000 came from them.
Mike