My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

"King George" and your rights

Started by Rod Kaufman, 09/01/2004 02:24PM
Posted 09/01/2004 02:24PM Opening Post
News item:
A man was reported to the secret service by his neighbors for displaying a sticker that read:" King George-Off with his head!"
The secret service actually appeared and asked the man if he had terrorist connections! Moreover, they confiscated his sticker!
He's now filing a lawsuit...
Posted 09/01/2004 03:16PM | Edited 09/01/2004 03:17PM #1
>>> He's now filing a lawsuit...

That terrorist had better be careful or he will be headed for an indeterminant stay at GITMO. 8O

There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary - those that do and those that don't
Posted 09/01/2004 03:37PM | Edited 09/01/2004 03:37PM #2
Rod:

Do you have a source for the story you relate. It sure does sound like an urban legend to me.

All you lefties will appreciate the "King George - Off With His Head" graphic here:

http://www.killradiorevolution.com/

Jim
Posted 09/02/2004 10:43AM #3
"I am sure that Carl Rove directed it or it is part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy." -JB

That's correct! Very perceptive!

"The Secret Service often over reacts to ensure the safety of those the protect - no matter the political slant. They do not mess around with any theoretical threat."

-Also correct... personal experience talkin' here...

"[I]If libs are so concerned about civil liberties..."

-Huh? Oh, never mind...

"...then let's start by reducing the protection of Kerry, the Clinton's and Kennedy..."

Good start, but add ALL the ex-prezes, ALL of Congress (past & present,), and ALL in public office, elected or selected... make 'em all pay for it themselves... worked in Sweden, didn't it?

"All of a sudden they will be all for strict enforcement of the law."

Just wouldn't they all?

"I suspect his lawsuit will be thrown out."

No doubt, but fun while it lasts.

Cheers.
-mw.

-mw.

QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?
-Juvenal.

QUID RIDES? MUTATO NOMINE DE TE FABULA NARRATUR.
-Horace.