M3 Globular Cluster

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Nader?

Started by jameslbrown, 04/27/2004 10:48AM
Posted 04/27/2004 10:48AM Opening Post
This is sort of a follow up to Darian's "just curious" thread. It looks like Nader is the only anti-war candidate. A lot of forum members are pretty vocally anti-war. Are any of you going to vote for Nader?

(I would not find it inconsistent if thinking anti-war persons said heck no! The practical result of a big Nader turnout is obviously 4 more years of GWB. hardly an anti-war move. This is not news, but this does seem to be Nader's strategy)

I think that historians 50 to 100 years from now will find the effect of third party "spoilers" (Nader in '00, Perot in '92) pretty interesting. The sizable vote for these third party candidates indisputably threw the race to the least desireable candidate, from the perspective of the generic person who voted for the third party.
Posted 04/27/2004 10:53AM #1
Jim,
i know quite a few folks who voted for Nader... mostly younger early-20-somethings, some voting for pres for the first time...

They all regret it and do not plan to do it again, no matter what... and none of them is voting Bush, either.

Sad thing is, a couple will just sit it out. Their free choice is no choice... but i've already told 'em not to
b!tch about it to me later...

-mw.

QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?
-Juvenal.

QUID RIDES? MUTATO NOMINE DE TE FABULA NARRATUR.
-Horace.