Farm Pond

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Queue the Twilight Zone Music

Started by JJM, 09/30/2009 09:37AM
Posted 09/30/2009 09:37AM Opening Post
I was listening to former President Bill Clinton pontificate in last Sunday's Meet the Press interview with David Gregory. The topic of the Clinton Global Initiative came up. The CGI is Clinton's front organization for collecting huge sums of money and applying the funds (in no particular order) to his travels, lifestyle, and some worthy causes. I almost spit my coffee when I heard Clinton say that the latest CGI will focus on helping young women avoid sexual harassment, workplace intimidation and abuse!

Props to David Gregory for maintaining a straight face when confronted by ultimate hypocrisy.

Jim McSheehy
Posted 10/01/2009 03:46PM #1
Jim McSheehy said:

I was listening to former President Bill Clinton pontificate in last Sunday's Meet the Press interview with David Gregory. The topic of the Clinton Global Initiative came up. The CGI is Clinton's front organization for collecting huge sums of money and applying the funds (in no particular order) to his travels, lifestyle, and some worthy causes. I almost spit my coffee when I heard Clinton say that the latest CGI will focus on helping young women avoid sexual harassment, workplace intimidation and abuse!

Props to David Gregory for maintaining a straight face when confronted by ultimate hypocrisy.

Clinton's sexual exploits were exploited by the Republican party in an effort to smear a president, who by all other accounts, was quite successful and effective. Clinton cheated on his wife, granted that calls into question his character. But that failure in his character should have stayed between him and Hillary. I don't think an individuals sexual drive or orientation has anything to to with how they govern the masses, hence why I don't consider Clinton's liaisons when I look at his presidency.

Sex...is power.

In the average male mind, having the ability to woo the object of desire into a sexual encounter is a fundamental ego boost. President Clinton, as powerful as he was (and still is) still needed that ego boost. Though that is not an excuse for his transgression (against his wife) it might put into perspective his motivation. Using a cigar as a dildo, or getting head from Monica had little if any impact on his political decisions, decisions that effect you and me.

It is what it is...