My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Wacko Obama floats plans

Started by markvcostello3, 02/21/2009 02:10PM
Posted 02/21/2009 02:10PM Opening Post
Hi Jim,

Evidently the President himself put the kebash on this tax-by-the-mile plan. Of course, it's wasn't very smart and practical (gas taxes are "better") and that's probably why he squelched the idea.

Just to let you know where I'm coming from, I did not vote for Mr. Obama and at this time, I do not see the possibility of voting for him or most any democrat down the road. (I'm what some people might call a "social conservative.") But he did win the presidency outright and as fairly as it can be won these days. Because of this and given that he's done nothing that by any standard I know is impeachable, I'm taking a respectable "wait and see" attitude over the next four year. As part of that, I'm making my way through one of Obama's books THE AUDACITY OF HOPE. I'm not sure what urge compelled me to lay down the $8 for it, but now I'm glad I did. Most of the thoughts Mr. Obama expresses in it (quite clearly and well) I do not concur with but some of his ideas cause me to pause and think....

Anyway, here's to hoping that you're continue to recover from that stroke and are finding some times to get your telescope and look up.... smile

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."