NGC7293 Helix Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Fellow Christian: It's a dead Universe

Started by klawson, 12/05/2010 08:27PM
Posted 12/05/2010 08:27PM Opening Post
It's a dead universe... At least on this side of the veil. The earth is the only island of life in this vast creation. Some have said that "If God created the universe and the earth is the only place that has life, it would seem such a waste of space." Those that hold to this earthly wisdom have no understanding as to the universe's destructive history. There are powerful things that happened eons ago. The Bible has this information. The Prophets knew. Solomon knew. Now you can know.

There is a reason why the earth is the only island in this vast universe with life. Send me a PM and I will send you the information as to why. It's deep bible scripture that you won't get from Sunday School or from the pulpits of America. It's too wordy to put here but it is a short read.

[email protected]

Keith

Scopejunkie

40 year old restored C14 with recirculating cooling w/Skywatcher DOB GOTO Conversion (CPC14)

Synscan DOB mounted Sky-Watcher Evostar 150mm/1200mm ED Refractor

"Rescued" Craig's List Orion 120mm/1000mm Refractor

USAF Vet

Posted 12/06/2010 01:39PM | Edited 12/06/2010 03:51PM #1
Keith Lawson said:

There is a reason why the earth is the only island in this vast universe with life. Send me a PM and I will send you the information as to why. It's deep bible scripture that you won't get from Sunday School or from the pulpits of America. It's too wordy to put here but it is a short read.

[email protected]

Keith

Yeah, and I'll bet it's just full of EVIDENCE for this ridiculously unfounded assertion, and that _Science_ and _Nature_ will be publishing it shortly. LOL.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 12/07/2010 12:14AM | Edited 12/07/2010 12:18AM #2
Keith Lawson said:

It's a dead universe... At least on this side of the veil. The earth is the only island of life in this vast creation. Some have said that "If God created the universe and the earth is the only place that has life, it would seem such a waste of space." Those that hold to this earthly wisdom have no understanding as to the universe's destructive history. There are powerful things that happened eons ago. The Bible has this information. The Prophets knew. Solomon knew. Now you can know.

[email protected]

Keith

Hi Keith,
I disagree. All manner of changes and interactions occure. Just because you don't see buildings or footprints on Mars, doesn't mean there can't be life elsewhere. We haven't discovered it yet. That discovery might not be limited to our definitions!

In 1489, when Columbus proposed a new route to the east by going west he mentioned claiming any new lands and the inhabitants for the country who mounted the expodition. Portugal was considering it at the time. His skeptcs claimed no people could inhabit such undiscovered lands even if they did exist. They too had to re-think things.

I would agree the Earth is a rare island of living beings, but what do you consider "living"? The stars are alive with fire, the planets experience eons of passing events. Even if we are the only "people", what remains of the Universe is vibrant.

So, here's a question. If in five years we discover viable microbial life on one of the moons of Jupiter or some sort of acidic cells floating in the atmosphere of Venus, or if in twenty years we discover an signal from a distant star, indicating inteligent life; would that discovery ruin your outlook on life or cause you to loose faith?

Even as staunch as you seem on the surface, I doubt if you'd be so shaken. Rather than being the end of one element of Biblical dogma it would be a beginning for a new understanding of how infinite the infinite really is.

Steve
8)