My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Christians biggest enemy

Started by maurice clark, 06/02/2014 12:42PM
Posted 06/02/2014 12:42PM Opening Post
Billy,

There is a commandment that says; "thou shalt not bear false witness". As a Christian you should follow this commandment. Yet you do not.

To say that "one woman [took] prayer out of school" is being untruthful. What happened was that the courts very correctly ruled that having the state force children to recite prayers in school was unconstitutional. Children are still free to pray as much as they want.

If you want the state to mandate prayers, which prayers will you make them recite? Protestant? Catholic? Muslim? Wicca? Atheist? whose? And who will choose?

It is the parent's job to teach their children to pray. NOT the states'.

Maurice

* Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a day.
* Teach a man to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks.
Posted 06/02/2014 05:10PM #1
You are still bearing false witness. One woman DID NOT persuade the Supreme Court. I suggest that you actually go and have a read of the court proceedings. One woman brought the case, but she was joined by numerous other groups, including many Christian organisations, Jewish organisations and others.

Also, as I stated, prayer WAS NOT stopped in schools. Only state mandated prayers. WHICH IS AS IT SHOULD BE! The government has NO RIGHT to order prayers.

I see that you decided to totally ignore my questions on whose prayers should be used should you get your wish and have compulsory prayers in schools. Why was that?

Maurice

* Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a day.
* Teach a man to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks.