I imaged M81 entirely unfiltered mono since my filterwheel was already attached to the Basler and I didn't want to rebalance yada yada... I was easily able to do 5 minute exposures with MetaGuide locked and guiding... I might have been able to get more out of it but I didn't try. Rough polar alignment was done beforehand. I started stacking and processing in DeepSkystacker. 15 x 300s 1x1 bin.
What do you think? This is the first time I've seen a spiral galaxy through my own doing. Very exciting ) Something streaked across one of the subs but I thought it looked cool so have left it in thusfar. My stars are somewhat bloated so might have to shrink them.
=== Sample of FITS header from tonight ===
SIMPLE = T
BITPIX = 16
NAXIS = 2
NAXIS1 = 659
NAXIS2 = 494
BZERO = 32768.000000
BSCALE = 1.000000
DATAMIN = 0.000000
DATAMAX = 65535.000000
INSTRUME= 'ATIK 16IC: fw rev 1.07'
EXPTIME = 300.002
XPIXSZ = 7.400
YPIXSZ = 7.400
CBLACK = 4989
CWHITE = 31398
SWCREATE= 'Artemis Capture'
~ Charlie Stevenson
8" f/5.7 String Telescope - 1st Scope Build; 2nd Place Stellafane 2016 Optical Award for Newtonians 12.5" and Smaller
10" f/4.5 Newtonian (June 2015) mirror refigured by Optic Wave Labs P-V WaveFront 1/14.24, Strehl Ratio 0.993 (Aug '15)
Criterion RV-6 seems to be circa 1973 (June 2015) [For Sale]
Celestron C8-A XLT (January 2015) [For Sale]
Celestron PowerSeeker 70AZ (Christmas 2014)
Aldrich Astronomical Society member since 2015