Duplicating Slides

Started by aloha, 08/14/2004 11:19AM
Posted 08/14/2004 11:19AM Opening Post
Hi,

Now most people process their film images in digital dark rooms (PhotoShop etc.) and then print the images out. This is also what I usually do. However, I have a slide projector and I do enjoy watching the large projected image. For this purpose, I still need high quality slides. It's expansive to output digitally processed images to slides. I thus decide to try slide duplication.

Attached image is my first result. The left one is the original. The image is taken by a 4" F9.3 telescope with a 67 camera. The film is Provia 400F +2 push and exposure time is 2 hours. Apparently the contrast is low (even after +2 push!!). The right one is the duplicated image taken by a 645 camera. The film I use for duplication is E100G +2 push. These two images are scanned with identical setting and are not furthered processed after being scanned. What you see on the monitor should be very close to what I see on a lightbox.

Now I can enjoy this image on the large screen.

Wei-Hao

Attached Image:

aloha's attachment for post 18077

Wei-Hao Wang
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~whwang
Posted 08/20/2004 12:45PM #1
Hi Guys, I have duped slides like this before but it is a little grainy for 35mm. One thin that I do myself though is to make prints from slides by photographing the slide with print film say kodak 100. This also increases some grain but also boosts the color.

Thanks

Joe