NGC2246

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

No frames

Started by rhinson11, 04/10/2002 11:53PM
Posted 04/10/2002 11:53PM Opening Post
I took a roll of film in a while back and when I went to pick it up, I was told the film contained no frames. Any body have a trick for this? I was thinking flashing a light every other shot or so. This was color film, Kodak 200 max, Black and White I do my self, but I'm not setup to do color.
And it's getting hard to find a shop that will hand devolop any more.
Thanks
Roger
Posted 04/11/2002 04:29PM #1
I agree with taking one or two daytime shots at the beginning of the roll. Help to give the developers a refrence point. I also like to take a dark frame photo (putting the lens cap on and snapping off a pic) in the middle of the roll, just so they can see the difference.
I have had the same problems with some of the generic "1 hour" places. believe it or not, Ritz camera has done some good things with my photos. They laugh when I come in and say "Oh boy, now we have to really work!" Anyway, make sure you keep the negative that were not developed, so when you do find a developer that can handle your needs, you can have those processed as well. On a side not, have you thought of investing in a film/slide scanner?
Don

Don Spencer
http://members.cox.net/ecdon/astrophotography.html