Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

vignetting....

Started by ecdon, 04/18/2003 10:35PM
Posted 04/18/2003 10:35PM Opening Post
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have been shooting through a 120mm Orion astroview. The problem I have been having is vignetting. I was hoping someone could remove the vignetting from this image and explain how they did it.
Thanks,
Don Spencer

Attached Image:

ecdon's attachment for post 5325

Don Spencer
http://members.cox.net/ecdon/astrophotography.html
Posted 04/19/2003 01:06AM #1
Don,

Thought I would give it try. I used a combination of Gaussian and radial blur layers in Photoshop and subtracted them from the original. Then flattened the layers and adjusted the levels. I then lassoed the central star and desaturated the red and magentas channels, but I still don’t think it looks right. That’s the highlights of what I did. I am sure someone else can do a better job, but trial and error is how we learn. Thanks for the opportunity.

Clear Skies,

Ernie

Attached Image:

ryker1's attachment for post 66627
Posted 04/19/2003 01:58AM #2
Here is my try.
In PhotoShop I used a gaussian blur with a radius of 14 after I rubber stamped out the bright objects. I then saved that as a separate file. I open both files and use "apply image" with the subtract method of blending. The blurred image is the source and the original is the target. 100% opacity and a offset of 40. I then used the levels to set color and contrast.

Robert W.

Attached Image:

raw265's attachment for post 66631

There's no substitute for fine glass!
Posted 04/19/2003 05:30PM #3
A better center star. Used lens flare tool in Photoshop.

Ernie

Attached Image:

ryker1's attachment for post 66643
Posted 04/21/2003 03:15AM #4
Thanks everyone. I will put all your good tips to use. Man, I can't wait to point the camera skyward again...seems like eons since I took my last photo..
Don Spencer

Don Spencer
http://members.cox.net/ecdon/astrophotography.html