California nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

SE Alaska

Started by flusk, 08/03/2010 10:38PM
Posted 08/03/2010 10:38PM Opening Post
My wife and I spent our 30th anniversary on a small ship cruise in SE Alaska (June 6-June 13). Our basic itinerary was Juneau-Tracy Arm Fjord-Wrangell-Petersburg-Sitka-Glacier Bay-Juneau. We also spent two days in Juneau at each end of our trip. Between my Olympus E-1 DSLR and my Olympus StylusTough 6020 P&S, I took nearly 5000 images, about half in time lapse sequences and about half as individual images. This was a photographer's cruise (there was a photo pro on board), so my totals are not out of line with our shipmates. I also took about two hours of video with the 6020.

I plan to post several dozen photos over the next few days amongst the appropriate Astromart photo forums. BTW, I have posted two time lapse videos on YouTube along with a compilation of video snippets of humpback whales. Do a search for "skysurfer5cva" (my YouTube handle) to see all my videos.

This particular photo was taken from the top of the Mt. Roberts aerial tram and shows Juneau and its harbor, Gastineau Channel, and Douglas Island in the background. Our ship--CruiseWest's Spirit of Yorktown--is dwarfed by the megaliners.

Fred

Attached Image:

flusk's attachment for post 51569
Posted 08/03/2010 10:38PM #1
Heading out of Juneau, we leave two of the megaliners in the dust.

Attached Image:

flusk's attachment for post 137941