Re: Moonshine Domes/Observatories!Posted By Mike Hart |
Kenny,
I ordered mine in October, so I am ahead of you. I contacted Sandy yesterday and have an update that the latest estimate for my dome is late February. They have stopped taking orders until they are caught up and are going to be working on improving their communication with customers by estimating delivery dates at the beginning of each week (but they will be out of town until Jan 5 so don't expect an update until they are back ).
Sandy indicated that Matt Welsh (who posted here earlier) ordered a 10 foot dome in Sept and his was shipped out a week or so ago so there is progress being made on completing orders. He would be the guy to talk to about what he thinks of his dome.
Matt Welsh, are you out there? Please fill us in.
I have put half down on my dome, but I still don't think of it as a being particularly at risk. I still have a good feeling about the company despite the negative speculation in this forum . I think lack of info breeds a lot of speculation (usually negative) I think hearing from actual customers is what we need to get better data and improve the signal to noise ratio.
Next time I talk to Sandy or Jeff, I will try to get a list of past customers to contact and will try to find out how many orders they have on the waiting list. If I can contact dome owners, I will ask them to contribute to this forum or will share what I learn.
I ordered mine in October, so I am ahead of you. I contacted Sandy yesterday and have an update that the latest estimate for my dome is late February. They have stopped taking orders until they are caught up and are going to be working on improving their communication with customers by estimating delivery dates at the beginning of each week (but they will be out of town until Jan 5 so don't expect an update until they are back ).
Sandy indicated that Matt Welsh (who posted here earlier) ordered a 10 foot dome in Sept and his was shipped out a week or so ago so there is progress being made on completing orders. He would be the guy to talk to about what he thinks of his dome.
Matt Welsh, are you out there? Please fill us in.
I have put half down on my dome, but I still don't think of it as a being particularly at risk. I still have a good feeling about the company despite the negative speculation in this forum . I think lack of info breeds a lot of speculation (usually negative) I think hearing from actual customers is what we need to get better data and improve the signal to noise ratio.
Next time I talk to Sandy or Jeff, I will try to get a list of past customers to contact and will try to find out how many orders they have on the waiting list. If I can contact dome owners, I will ask them to contribute to this forum or will share what I learn.