New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Chris Nardone

June 28, 2003 01:53 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

June 28, 2003 01:54 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Snowy Egret

Posted By Chris Nardone

I took a bijillion pictures of this guy eating shrimp and they all came out pretty good. I think I now have every conceivable angle covered.

June 28, 2003 01:55 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

August 14, 2003 03:01 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Lightest mount with PEC

Posted By Chris Nardone

I travel a lot to Central and South America. What is the lightest mount that has accurate tracking for long exposure astrophotography? I will probably stick with piggy back at 300mm and less with my 10D. Eventually I might get a ccd camera and try prime focus.
Thanks,
Chris

August 16, 2003 12:45 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

New CG-5

Posted By Chris Nardone

Does anyone have the new advanced series CG-5 with goto? It looks good. Any comments?

August 18, 2003 01:49 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade Pictor 201XT Auto-Guider

Posted By Chris Nardone

Do the 201XT or 208XT work? I bought a Nexstar 5i and want to try it out. It has an autoguider port, so from the mount's perspective it should work. I have only seen bad reports though of these particular autoguiders, yet they continue to sell. So what's the real scoop?

August 22, 2003 06:14 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Goto

Posted By Chris Nardone

I know some of you out there still haven't experienced goto. Tonight was my first night. I recently sold my Ultima 8 PEC. I have missed it everyday since. But today I tried out the Nexstar 5i I bought to take it's place. I travel a lot to Central and South America, and the bigger scope was getting neglected. Anyway, this scope exceeded my expectations. I saw just about everything that was out tonight. I was pretty good with my old scope, but this is unreal. If you haven't experienced goto you are really missing out. I can't wait to try it out down south. It's way dark down there.

August 26, 2003 11:36 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

diagonal for c-90

Posted By Chris Nardone

My friend has a C-90 with a .96mm eyepiece prism. Can he buy a new prism for the scope or is he stuck with .96 eyepieces?

September 2, 2003 06:10 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Purple Mars

Posted By Chris Nardone

I've been trying to figure out why my cheap webcam yields purple pictures. After trying some R-G-B filters I think I've discovered that the camera has very low sensitivity to green. So R + B + not enough G = purple. Nexstar 5i . 100 or so images stacked with registax.

September 27, 2003 12:41 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos