My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Apollo Lasky

October 8, 2022 08:32 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

10/07/2022 Time lapse from the solar filter I have listed

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Giant active region 3112-3116 in calcium light,  with the 80mm F-ed fluorite apo doublet

October 8, 2022 08:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

10/07/2022 Time lapse from the solar filter I have listed

Posted By Apollo Lasky

This timelapse is featured on  spaceweather.com homepage today, 10/08/2022

October 11, 2022 04:43 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Sunspot 3112, 3116, 3119 10/10/2022

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Basler aca720-520um                   
                    3112-3116 

October 11, 2022 06:21 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

October 21, 2022 10:37 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

The legend of the last skybender - the narrowest calcium solar filter on earth owned and developed by an amateur.

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Thank you all who have supported me over the last 15 years!  I am sorry but I must go,  and try to make a new path in life sad

I have enjoyed all of your solar images very much,  if you put it online-  I clicked it !

And If you have not tried a form of cardio yet,  please give it a try!  I have logged over 1000 miles with my two legs and donated more than 2 gallon's of my thrombocytes to children with cancer.

Best wishes on your journey, and keep the camera rolling please!

October 29, 2022 06:15 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

"damaged" hydrogen alpha solar filter - and it still works perfect!

Posted By Apollo Lasky

So I have a damaged lunt solar systems ls50c hydrogen alpha etalon,   there is a decent sized fracture on one of the glass plates.

It still works perfectly!  No affect on the image whatso ever.  How cool is that!?

Here is a timelapse recorded today-  10-28-2022

November 3, 2022 05:52 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

"damaged" hydrogen alpha solar filter - and it still works perfect!

Posted By Apollo Lasky

today i used the 50mm blocking filter to open up the aperture and then cranked up the magnification factor with a large aperture barlow to try finding the fracture in the etalon-

Here it is!   Its actually not too ugly bad considering how sensitive etalons are- i am shocked it still functions this good in fact.

November 5, 2022 12:12 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Apollo Lasky collection of impressive calcium k-line timelapse videos

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Just thought I would share this link of some of my most notable timelapse captures at 393.37nm.  These .gif files are freely distributable on the wikimedia creative commons license 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles/The.skyburner

Enjoy!

April 20, 2023 10:18 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Two solar tornados in exactly the same location, exactly 30 days apart - coinciding with a new solar phenomena? Or just a coincidence.

Posted By Apollo Lasky

Average Joe may be completely unaware of this,  but something is happening to the polar crown of the sun.

In one rotation period of the sun,  the solar northern pole has experienced two nearly identical solar tornados. Each occurred in exactly the same spot!

This is either the most incredible stroke of coincidence,  Or this is actually a new level of solar physics which needs to be understood.

My suspicion is that the north pole of the sun has a very weak magnetic field due to the pole flip.  The magnetic field orientation must be at or close to zero in this one spot, and this is perhaps the reason why it was able to rotate in exactly in the same spot  27 days later.   

So that is that.  Something is going on with the suns north pole without a doubt.

Today  https://spaceweathergallery2.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=195202

Last month  https://spaceweathergallery2.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=194126   

https://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=19&onth=03&year=2023 <----made it to spaceweather homepage

May 17, 2023 08:04 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Crazy lightning show

Posted By Apollo Lasky

I recorded this on April 19th 2023 using a gopro hero9 ,  and it was the best display of lightning I have seen around my area in more than 10 years.