My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dwight Bogan

April 17, 2006 07:58 PM Forum: Religion

Rapture

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I figured out that all this Rapture nonsense was bunk more than 35 years ago when I was in High School. Back then we had a guy by the name of Jack Van Impe who was going around the South Eastern Michigan area getting young people and their parents all worked up over the eventual return of JC. All the reasoning that he used back then actually made for a better case in the late sixties and early seventies than it does today but we all know how it all turned out. After everything settled out what I really uncovered was the fact that the Jack Van Impe ministries was in fact just another elaborate scam by a master con artist. The amount of money that this man generated from all the so called believers enabled him to hide it all from the Feds. However the Feds did eventually catch on to him but I was unable to follow what this individual got away with. I had heard from friends that he had somehow migrated his ministries to the Netherlands At any rate you can see this character in operation on the local stations across the US. I can tell you from personal experience Jack Van Impe is a complete Fraud from the word get go. Someone who does not have the decency to even admit who and what he was. He never went to Jail that I knew of but others of his kind sure did. This was one character that did get away.

As far as Bush and Co. being born again Rapture nutcases and lunatics all you can do is that when they are all lying on their death beds you can say to them. See I told you so. or you can say OK so where is JC How come we all have not raptured its been more that 30 years now and my feet are still planted on Terra Firma.

It really does no good. These people who tout this crap are going to do it again. They have contingency plans going all the way up to something like 2060 or so. The only way I can think of combating this is that each individual needs to have a good dose of reality check and just some simple horse sense which definitely seems to be lacking in America today.

At any rate this is my experience on the matter. I'll never be taken in again by this kind of thing ever. You get to do me once but after that I'll have learned.

Yes as someone mentioned these people who make public policy by forcing the hand of God so to speak definitely well be held accountable in the here after. What was that warning at the end of revelations those who add and take away I can assure this kind of monkeying around that the chimp and Co. have been doing well have there torment and their share added to and taken away.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

May 15, 2006 08:00 PM Forum: Politics

Bush's Border Policy/Ratings

Posted By Dwight Bogan

This is nothing but a big show buy the Shrub Regieme. Nothing is going to happen. After all Some of Shrubs biggest benefactors who hire illegals make tremendous amounts of money by exploiting human labor. His good buddy down in Mexico President Fox has a problems with too many wanting workers. What a convenient way to get rid of the excess population. Less too worry about with the possibility of civil unrest. Mexico as some of you probably realize is the ideal Republican state. With poor workers who work for next to nothing. The people are not allowed to protest the gov't in anyway shape or form. If you wonder what the United States is going to be like in 20 years or so just go down to Mexico and get a taste of the future of America.

June 11, 2006 06:12 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Thought I found a Supernova....

Posted By Dwight Bogan

It could still be a satellite in a very high orbit

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

July 7, 2006 04:48 PM Forum: Telescope Making

How bad is 1/3 wave mirror?

Posted By Dwight Bogan

1/2 , 1/3 wave optics mirrors. Ever own and Celestron or Meade scope. Chances are very good you'll get one of these optics

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

July 22, 2006 04:48 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Another Dem without a plan, just more whine

Posted By Dwight Bogan

What are you kidding! Cigarettes have always been illegal to minors. One of the problems with the TV ads was the kids were singing the lyrics in grade school and in Junior High. I know I was one of those kids smile

Maybe free enterprise needs to be reigned in. Personally if left up to me I would ban under pain of death all attempts of advertising, door to door sales and junk mail and especially unsolicited phone calls. To me this is one of the most annoying aspects of American life is the unrelenting attempts by the corporations to separate you from your money. Trying to sell Junk most people don't need in the first place. Why can't companies be like Astro-Physics with their only ad a tiny little blurb in the back pages of S & T and Astronomy and no where else. No instead companies behave like Meade giving you ten pages or more of Advertising in both mags and they are the same advertising month after month. One time made a Suggestion to S & T that they make the Meade advertising a tear out section in their magazine that a person not wanting to see it can toss into the trash and keep the important stuff. The junk mail has gotten so bad I have tossed checks, credit cards even my corporate American Express card got tossed on three different occasions because the envelope looked like junk mail. One court summons got tossed one time. I don't even answer my home phone anymore because of the unrelenting sales pitches. My phone line serves basically two functions AOL access and to call out only.

Last I might mention I have never been big on free enterprise. It only serves the needs of the rich in this country. Even when I was in the military 30 years ago I never believed in free enterprise. As a public servant I served the country, freedom and the flag and the right to vote Democrat grin and the freedom of choice to go to church or not But free enterprise no way that is not what I put my life on the line for, I would never take a bullet for wall street, never in a million years. That's just as bad as dying for a Republican.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

July 22, 2006 04:55 PM Forum: Politics

Bush Pilot

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Hey what's the problem the Bush pilot is so funny.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

August 11, 2006 12:00 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Which is it?

Posted By Dwight Bogan

If the Bush administration and the CIA was really behind this could they not have come up with something better than a exploding sports drink. I mean get real what the newsmedia has been putting off on the public is completely rediculous only Karl Rove could come up with something like this.

I still like to know how you open up the bottom of a plastic container and then reseal it and make it appear as though it was never tampered with a high esplosive inside.

This is worse than a shoe bomb.

I think setting loose a bunch of posonous snakes loose on an airplane would create more havoc. I wonder if the TSA has banned snakes from carry on's :-)

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

August 15, 2006 02:11 PM Forum: Politics

Ssssshhhh! There's a ceasefire in effect!

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I heard on the news that some middle eastern countries think of the relationship between Israel and America was like that of Cuba and the Soviet Union. American supports Israel at the cost of something like 6 to 8 billion of your tax dollars for military aid each year. Then there is the meddling in middle eastern affairs for the last 50 or 60 years and the amount of money that has been spent there. Now look how much this country is spending on the so called war on Terror. Both Germany, or the third Reich and Imperial Japan were defeated in a little more than 4 years after the USA entered WWII. The USA or I should say that the Bush Administration has been at its war on Terror going on 6 years now and they have spent how many trillions of dollars to fight this war. And the USA is no closer to ending Terror than they were 6 years ago.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

In looking at the figures and graph's how is the American tax payer going to pay for all of this in the next 10 to 20 years after George Bush the II is nothing more than a bad dream. Not unless he stages a coup and declares himself emperor for life. Barring that of course. While American workers jobs are leaving the country at an accelerated rate. All the is left is substandard wage and min wage jobs how can one make or meet ones living expenses at at the same time take on the tax burden that ultimately will come.

Seems like the terrorists are the ones who are winning. Their strategy seems to be to stage failed plots for the west to squander billions just to try to defeat them. Osama Bin Laden even stated that for every dollar he spends the USA spend a million dollars trying to thwart him. Seems like there should be a better way to beat them at there own game. By the time Osama runs out of cash the USA will be completely broke.

The Sky is falling

Dwight L Bogan

August 19, 2006 08:05 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Travelling with Telescopes in Times of Terror

Posted By Dwight Bogan

I just got back from my home in Michigan where I had my new AP bino's shipped to in July. When I came back to Arizona this past week, to avoid the hassle of Airport security I sent my Bino's back to Arizona via UPS. If you have a shipping address of your desitnation I think I would ship everything you need off. I would avoid having to deal with security and the airlines. If you try and take your scope with you as carryon they might just insist it goes with the regular luggage. I would avoid that situation altogether.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

August 26, 2006 05:28 PM Forum: Politics

THE U.S.A.'S #1 ENEMY

Posted By Dwight Bogan

Actually you forgot one. George Bush and the Dick Chaney duo. Of course their is Karl Rove if it was not for him we would not have Bush Jr

You list China but China makes all the cool stuff now. Corporate America loves China for all the cheap labor never mind they put honest working Americans on the street.

N. Korea well not really they are more of a threat to South Korea and maybe Japan. But Oh I forgot South Korea makes cool stuff that puts Americans out of work too. So that may threaten American corporate profits

Iran No. 1 enemy of who America you kidding right. Iran is so far away from us their is no way they could threaten us. Oh they hurt Republican pride I guess. And maybe they are a threat to Israel like I really care.

American Civil Liberties Union. Hmmm you don't like them eh. Well maybe you should have your rights and freedoms taken away from you. If you don't have some watch dog group like the ACLU who is going to stand up for the little guy.

The only number one enemy of the US is our current govt. Anyone who has the most primitive understanding of how our govt is supposed to work. Realizes that what we have now is an Embryonic totalitarian state in our midst.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan