My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Vincent Bert

January 16, 2006 04:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 1/14 GRS

Posted By Vincent Bert

Nice image Chris, despite the seeing conditions. I imagine that Jupiter should still be at a pretty high elevation in the Philippines this year. Vince

January 18, 2006 12:36 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Lunar crater Hainzel

Posted By Vincent Bert

Outstanding image Wes. Did you just "forget" about this AVI on your hard drive? 8O . Did you use MAP for processing? I continue to be astounded by the detail of your images. Great work. Hope the seeing cooperates for you soon. Seeing has been horrible here on the coast of socal since August, bad as I ever remember. Well, at least it has been clear. 8) Vince

February 1, 2006 10:26 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Highlands Astroshack website completed.

Posted By Vincent Bert

*very cool* ISS shots, and the Gif's are amazing.... I have just the thing to fix the "great apartment nebula" 8)

February 2, 2006 06:51 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Alpine Panorama with Plato

Posted By Vincent Bert

wow Alan, thats awesome. 120 stacks?? 8O Ouch.

February 6, 2006 12:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

February 13, 2006 01:24 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Changing Nebulae

Posted By Vincent Bert

Thats a great image dan! You must have had some good seeing for that one. The nebula must have undergone a change recently as just 18 months ago I saw it in my 20" much like Jeff's image. Now, its only a sketch but I tried to be as accurate as possible. Very cool to see stuff change......

http://rattlesnakeobservatory.com/hubblesnebula.html

February 14, 2006 02:14 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Changing Nebulae-An Animation

Posted By Vincent Bert

thats way cool dan. I think despite the different scopes, cameras, exposures, processing etc, you can definately see shadows being cast across the nebulosity.....

February 15, 2006 03:43 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

I'm new and would like some opinions....

Posted By Vincent Bert

opinions? well you came to the right place. If you really want to try imaging go with the shortest FL you can get and the biggest chip you can get for the money. It will make life much easier and less frustrating. Others that have started out imaging with an LX200 on fork mount can help you out with the myiad of issues.

On another note, folks, if you are just starting out in imaging, IMHO you will find it much easier to get started with something like at GM8 and an 80mm or 100m F6 scope. Just my opinion though, and it doesnt count for much, but I think you will find many folks agree.

March 7, 2006 03:45 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Atlas, Hercules, and Surroundings

Posted By Vincent Bert

very nice image of Atlas and Hercules! I continue to be impressed by the Lumenera images in mediocre seeing. Have you tried using an IR pass filter with the Lumenera?

March 7, 2006 11:28 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 2903

Posted By Vincent Bert

Great detail dan, especially for the wind blowing! It does seem to look a little clipped in the black point. Was this intentional due to imaging in light pollution?