My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Vincent Bert

May 27, 2006 05:16 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Reprocessed M101

Posted By Vincent Bert

The colors look very nice Tyler. Maybe a bit oversmoothed, but a good job.

June 3, 2006 03:31 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another Centaurus A

Posted By Vincent Bert

Wow Jim you got tons of detail for shooting so low! thats an excellent image, one of the best I've seen from this far north. I think you got the colors nailed also. This appears to have some of the best color balance you have attained in your images. I just cant seem to get colors that accurate, did you do something different in this image?

Vince

June 3, 2006 03:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Centaurus A

Posted By Vincent Bert

Good work Greg. I think I too prefer the refractor image. Keep em coming

vince

June 3, 2006 04:30 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M16

Posted By Vincent Bert

You got some good detail in there Brian. I look forward to the Ha image for sure!

June 4, 2006 04:29 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

IC 1396 - vdb 142

Posted By Vincent Bert

Thanks folks. I'm glad you guys like my effort, it is appreciated.. 8) . However, if you look at some images of this object with film (particularly Chuck Vaughn's) http://astrophotography.aa6g.org/Tricolors/ic1396.html you will see the huge range of color that this object displays and I have not captured even a portion of it, except for a bit of the purple. The Ha+R blend washes out most colors besides red, and the Ha lum puts the nail in the coffin. Its a fairly falsified image. I would like to get full color ranges when I blend RGB data and this is definately not the way to do it. It think in the future I will stick to pure narrowband, or pure RGB when imaging nebulae. Thats just my preference.

Vince

June 6, 2006 12:55 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M20 more exposure time

Posted By Vincent Bert

you can never have too much data. Nice shot Greg.

June 6, 2006 09:15 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

vixenr200ss

Posted By Vincent Bert

I would move the primary forward. It should be a fairly simple and quick procedure. However, depending on how much forward movement you need it may cause your secondary to be undersized thus robbing you of photons from the primary. You will know when you look through the collimation tools after you move the primary, or you can use the newt program and see how it affects the light cone.

even if you do have to get a larger secondary its still probably cheaper than a new focuser, although upgrading the focuser is always a good thing for imaging IMO. Will the ST2K come to focus without the filter wheel? I agree, having a native F4 system would be real nice, so I would forget about the Denk OCS or any barlow for that matter.

just some thoughts, Vince

June 6, 2006 09:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 06/05 Busy Boring Side

Posted By Vincent Bert

Chris, you shots keep getting better and better and the processing is first rate too.

Vince

June 11, 2006 03:43 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Herschel 06-07-06

Posted By Vincent Bert

Another awesome image Wes, nevermind the conditions! Great work.

July 2, 2006 10:46 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

AR 898 today!

Posted By Vincent Bert

absolutely stunning. 8O How quickly do the features around the active regions change? Would it be possible to show much movement using an animated GIF over a period of about 2 hours? Great stuff Luca.